September 02, 2007

First Love

I saw an angel
I thought it was you.

Blindly I grope through the darkness in my thoughts
Tryiny hard to remember your face,
As it keeps slipping from me.

I don't remember how you look.
But I can still smell you,
Feel your hands
Running through my hair,
Running down my body,
Slipping in, And spilling out-
Like liquid love?
No. Like liquid heat.
Because you didn't love, You never tried.

I don't remember how you look,
Your face keeps slipping from me.
Unsure fingers, touching hesitantly;
Suddenly bonding, and
Rushing frantically
Towards an unended ending.
Completed when you returned
For the last time,
And left me incomplete forever.
Oh yes, you remember,
I've seen it in your eyes.
But your memories are bittersweet
Clouded with shame and disgust.

I don't remember how you look.
The memories are dusty, uncared for
And untouched.
I haven't taken them out in the longest while.
I have loved again. Indeed,
More fulfillingly than I have ever loved before.
A Secret meeting, a secret pact,
A secret glance, who was to know.
A walk down neverness later.
And we knew.
Accidents happen. Blessed are those.

Yes, "Here's to everything in general,
And nothing in particular", Tomjohn.

"You may play the Jack of diamonds",
But,
I don't remember how you look.


I see an angel.
I know it is you,
We have much to do.
So "come, let us our rites begin."



2 comments:

supu said...

there are times when you read something and wonder how much of it you know...how much of the writer you know...then you begin to relate to what's written...or perhaps you recall your relations...you made me think of a lot of things...about you, about what you might have been through...am i reading too much into it? perhaps i am...but it's what's written that's making me do this...what next?

Tomjohn said...

u already kno that i lovve it...wonderfully written...but why is there a slight hint of regret...maybe there isnt...i dont kno...just seemed that way to me...atleast at the end its all good...in the end,it doesnt even matter...