February 03, 2009


Is it just me, or has the world gone awry? It has been over three months since it last rained. My parched and arid world seems to be dying a dry death. It is as if everything has reached a peak in stagnation in unison. My life is reflective of the unchanging weather. The beauty of life has aged in a flash. Rain for me is a life well lived in a few moments. It soothes me. And like so many other things that have gone amiss, I have lost my will to live.

Some small moments seem to make up the essence of living life well. A smile from my mother. A hug from my father. A long-distance phone call from my best friend. A student saying "Good morning, Ma'am." An evening of very bad carrom with best friends. My baby niece calling me "Maa!" in a moment of dislocated confusion! Yes. Those I believe make my life a life I love living. Yes I am trying. Retrying. And I am getting there faster than I ever thought I would. The rain will come soon. And I shall sing again.


4 comments:

supu said...

string the moments and see what you come up with...it can be beautiful....

bobo said...

i second what supu says.

La Figlia Che Piange said...

It is just you. It does not generally rain between the months of November and February in Bengal.

Toy Chat said...

i beg to differ. it has rained before. and the rain was beautifully timed. but nevermind :)